About Me

My photo
I like running and science and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. So I'm writing a blog or something.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pictures!

First I thought I'd share a couple of pictures from the trip over:

A crow at the Petrified Forest National Park in
Arizona

Looking out the back window in New Mexico

My mom's and my shadows at Cadillac Ranch in Armarillo, TX
Really cool trilobite fossil!

And now some pictures from Big Thicket where I'm living!

Cypress!

I got to go on a boat in a bayou!

Sunset driving home

These spiders are HUGE and like to build their thick webs across paths... which of course I run into all the time. Let me tell you, it's creepy to all of the sudden have this guy and a bunch of its strong web in your face.

Checking out the newest bit of land the Preserve acquired. We saw some turtles here.

This is more or less what my commute looks like.

These cypress knees are about 7 feet tall!

Basically, it's really, really pretty here and I feel so lucky I get to live in the middle of it. There are deer and hogs and squirrels and a number of birds all around the house, not to mention all the insects and pretty butterflies and snakes and lizards. It cooled off a lot in the past week so it's not as humid, but warm enough that sitting outside is really pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment