About Me

My photo
I like running and science and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. So I'm writing a blog or something.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Go Giants!

This post isn't about the Giants at all, but I'm watching them play the Rangers as I type this. I'm probably one of the few people in this state rooting for the Giants. Anyway, onto my post.

I realized the other day that I'm now doing two things I've always said I'd avoid: work in a cubicle and drive to work. Yet I don't mind either here. Except I do hate how often I have to fill up. And I'm not always in my cubicle- yesterday I got to collect mussels! We found pistolgrips, fatmuckets, heelsplitters, bankclimbers, three-horn wartybacks and all sorts of other intriguingly named mussels (well, technically just the shells of these mollusks). We also found a jackass (the animal)` tied to the middle of a road. It was a strange sight.

I also got to do some geology! Kind of, anyway. I was going to tell 50 highschoolers the geologic history of the area (the broad area that is, in the park here, the only geology is soils). So I made a pretty handout and read about the geology of the Gulf Coast and it was fun, and then I woke up this morning feeling like crap and slept all day instead.

Oh, and because I haven't mentioned this many times in many other venues, I ran (and I actually ran the whole way) a marathon! I've run a mile and a half since, and it was the most painful mile and a half ever. But I got jewelry from a fireman in a tuxedo and a hot pink shirt to prove I ran 26.2 miles in San Francisco. I know I'm still recovering, but I am getting a little antsy not doing anything active.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, is the handout something you could email or send me so I can learn about the Gulf Coast geology too? Then when I get it, you can pretend I'm a high schooler and tell me your history speech?

    ReplyDelete