About Me

My photo
I like running and science and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. So I'm writing a blog or something.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy November!

Fun fact: Beaumont (about a 40 minute drive southeast of where I live, also where I do my grocery shopping) has the 4th largest port in the United States, even beating out its twin city which has the word "port" in it's name (Port Arthur). Now I don't know about you, but I had never even heard of Beaumont until I got this internship, but apparently it's kind of a big deal in the shipping world.

For the first time in, well, possibly ever, I did not dress up on Halloween or eat copious amount of candy (though I did make halloween themed funfetti cupcakes of which I probably ate too many of yesterday). What I did do was go to the beach with the only one of my housemates who was around and played in the waves and scared seagulls, sand pipers, and pelicans. It was sunny and warm and amazing out, and I had been cooped up inside sick for half the week. People kept mentioning that the Gulf of Mexico is not technically an ocean, and while I admit it's not exactly the mighty Pacific, but it's a large body of salt water very connected to the ocean, and I got my sea breeze and sea birds and looked at shells and walked in sand and got hit by a wave and saw a big shrimp boat so I'm not complaining. Plus, it was the end of October and I was in shorts and a t-shirt playing in the waves on a beach. Life doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment